Tuesday, February 9, 2010

pln 5

PLN 5

I did my article report on “Cruelty to Animals, Human Violence”. This article presents a study of serial killers. The serial killers that were interviewed all remembered there first’s acts of violence were either hurting or killing animals. “Dr Howard Koplewicz, director of the Child Study Center at New York University said, "Whenever I read about someone committing a horrible crime against an animal and getting off with a slap on the wrist because 'it was just a cat', I become sick with dread because I know that as despicable as the acts may be that they've already committed, these people aren't finished yet. They're just getting warmed up". This feeling is shared by many other people, including myself. Those that commit terrible acts on animals should be faced with harsh punishment, including serving time in prison. When a person can do something so terrible to an animal, it is not hard to imagine them doing something to harm another human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment